Thursday, July 3, 2008

Disabilities

I make no pretense of being an expert about disabilities. I have a handicapped parking pass for my van, but that doesn't mean anything to me except that on days when I'm really really wiped out, I have the good fortune to not have to walk so far. I go to the doctor a little more often than some, but not as often as others. I studied Psychology and Sociology in school, and we talked about disabilities, but I certainly didn't learn it all. I've worked with folks with developmental and physical disabilities for a few years in the past, but I've only brushed the tip of the iceberg, I know. I only want to create a place to talk things through, to have a forum of sorts, to share successes and struggles. So that's my idea with this blog. Please talk back. Tell me if I'm helping, annoying, or

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=99dea16fea15fdf9bb811f87e3cec189
ss_blog_claim=99dea16fea15fdf9bb811f87e3cec189